By Karen K Williams
Sterling jewellery is made from pure silver 92.5 percent and has metal alloy 7.5 percent. The common silver metal alloys have a combination of copper and nickel. In sterling silver, the alloys strengthen the silver that it becomes strong enough for jewellery. This is the reason that silver jewellery is valuable and affordable to make bracelets, rings, necklaces and earrings, matching any skin tone and colour ensemble. Sterling jewellery is appropriate even to wear every day of the week. Here are some tips to choose this silver jewellery.
Check for authenticity: Buying jewellery should be done ensuring the metal is genuine. Look for a stamp indicating the metal type. The sterling jewellery pieces are often stamped with number 925. There may be "Ster, Sterling, or Sterling Silver" also stamped on the jewellery. Some pieces are not stamped and may be genuine. It is best to buy from a retailer or a jewellery dealer you trust.
Shop your style: Sterling jewellery is available in almost any size, style and price range. These make the silver jewellery a perfect choice for experimentation and self-expression. Sterling charms and pendants depict your beliefs, hobbies, interests or occupation. Silver chains are practical jewellery matching everything in your wardrobe. Try wearing or buying silver rings featuring unique gemstones.
Sterling silver jewellery tarnishes. Buy an anti-tarnish pouch and it is worth investing in quality jewellery cleaner that keeps your jewellery pieces shining.
· The silver jewellery value depends on the design and details of the item. Normally all the high quality items are the heavy pieces with intricate cuts, etchings and shapes.
· The common hallmark is 925 for silver jewellery and it may or may not appear in capital letters.
· Do not indulge in buying the jewellery having a tarnished appearance as it may be of poor quality.
· Cheap pieces of jewellery are best avoided with sterling as it may be inferior quality jewellery piece that are crafted poorly or is done using less silver content.
· Purchasing silver is common now. You can buy, but also ascertain you do the required polishing, cleaning regularly after each use. This will retain the lustre. Authentic places to find sterling silver jewellery of good and exceptional quality include online stores, auctions and antique shops.
You will find great choices on My Fancy Inc Online Store.